As we all know, couples therapy in-and-of-itself can be quite complicated and nuanced, however, the presence of unresolved trauma creates an extraordinary set of complexities that even the most seasoned therapists struggle with. When unresolved trauma is present, couples therapy often comes to a standstill, goes off the rails with emotional intensity, or gets dragged down by the heavy weight of hopelessness for therapist and couples alike.
Because of the great need for more specific supervision around complex cases involving trauma, Dr. Silvina Irwin and I will be offering an online consultation group focusing on working with couples in which one or both partners suffer from the impact of unresolved trauma in their lives. The aim of the group is to assist EFT therapists in tailoring case conceptualization and therapeutic interventions to meet the needs of traumatized couples with deliberate therapeutic confidence and effectiveness.
The group will offer opportunities for therapists to discuss their trauma cases for guidance, consultation and supervision in a safe and supportive setting.
- The group will be limited to 12 participants
- We will meet every other Wednesday from 11:00 - 12:30 PST/2:00-3:30 EST beginning on August 29th
- Fee: $75.00 per session (Note: See below for discount pricing)
- The group will meet on Zoom – a HIPAA compliant secure video-conferencing platform (There is no fee to you for this platform).
- In order to address the predictable self-of the therapist issues that surface when working with traumatized clients, we ask that participants make a six-month commitment to the group to ensure consistent and reliable attendance for the explicit goal of promoting an environment of emotional safety.
We are offering multiple discount options for this unique group. Pay for all 12 sessions up front and save $75. You may also choose to pay for six sessions at a time (Group 1 & Group 2). Choose the option that works best for you!
Group 1 dates: August 29, September 12, September 26, and October 10, October 24, and November 7.
Group 2 dates: December 5, December 19, January 16, January 30, February 13, and February 27.
Note: When you click the Register Now button you will be redirected to Dr. Silvina Irwin's website.